Expertise services to the European Parliament ITRE Committee - framework contracts
The European Techno-Economic Policy Support Network (ETEPS) was selected to provide independent expert advice on policies and legislation covered by the European Parliament Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE).
The aim of such expert services is both to strengthen the Committee's knowledge and ability to respond to Commission proposals and to provide a solid basis for Committee own initiatives. Briefings and studies are requested ad hoc by the Committee and must be short, concise and easily accessible to Members.
GOPA-Cartermill, as Secretary-General of the ETEPS AISBL (international non-profit association), is responsible for administrative and financial coordination of these services, mediating between the ITRE Committee and the ETEPS experts, and coordinates all internal and external communication of the network.
Editorial and translation
- Ensuring consistency of reports with given style guide; proofreading and editing
Programme and network management
- Mediating between ITRE Committee and ETEPS project managers – acting as ITRE’s main contact point
- Administrative coordination, e.g. ensuring deliverables are submitted on time and according to client request
- Financial and contractual coordination and financial reporting
- Subcontracting of external organisations or experts to ETEPS when needed
Expert services have been provided – coordinated by GOPA-Cartermill – in the following policy areas to date:
- Carbon Capture & Storage
- Delocalisation of EU industry
- Synergies of FP7
- Mobile TV
- Spectrum management
- New services
- FP7 coordination
- Space policy
- Spectrum policy
- EU programme for Global Monitoring for Environment and Security